Deposit: 10% deposit payable for booking the slot
Final balance: Due amount, ie., the remaining 90% of the balance should be paid 90 days before the departure date.
The booking window closes 28 days before the departure date.
You will pay a deposit of 10% to secure your spot. Once confirmed, your tour operator will charge the remaining amount.
Average daily running distance: 24km, 10km, 5km (3 events)
Group size: 8 Max
TABLE OF CONTENTS
See Additional Information for more details on the Payment Procedure and Cancellation Policy.
What Level of Running is this Trip suitable for?
This holiday is open to everybody. Please choose the right event for you, keeping in mind that the trails are natural and can be quite challenging.
Are there any Alternatives for Non-runners?
Non-runners will get a discount of 10%, and they will be able to participate in all non-running activities of the holiday, including the hiking parts, if they wish! Children over six years old can join the kids’ race on Saturday, September 25th.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free
What to bring?
- Running backpack with ability to carry water (sometimes referred to as “camel”, “pouch”, “hydration vest”, etc). If you cannot bring one, please let us know so that we can try to arrange something. If you are not sure what to bring, get in touch with us. There is natural water along most of the routes for refills. If not, we’ll talk about the arrangements during the briefing.
● Running shoes. Trail running shoes are great but not completely necessary. Your normal running shoes will be fine, so there’s no need to hurt the bank balance
● Snacks (if you think you need more). You can always purchase them locally
● Hydration tablets (electrolytes), energy gels, etc are a good idea
● We will be visiting some local cafes, tavernas, and restaurants, so bring whatever non-running clothes you feel most comfortable in
● Beachwear/towels/gear that you might need on the beach
● Sunscreen cream. Depending on the needs of your skin, make sure you are protected from the sun
What type of running terrain does the holiday product entail?
Where is the holiday taking place?
Andros, Greece. Pick up and drop-off point is the port of Gavrion in Andros.
DAY 1 | Arrival/Welcome to Andros
We will meet at Gavrion, the port of Andros (you would have sent me the details of your arrival, boat name, time), and we will take you straight to your room. It is a 45-minute drive. If it’s during daylight, you will get a good idea about the island’s landscape as we drive across it. Depending on your arrival time, we might have the time to squeeze a shake-off warm-up run just to come to terms with the trails and the terrain so that you know what to expect. Later in the early evening, there will be a detailed briefing of the whole tour, and you will be able to ask any question you might have. We will then have dinner and look forward to the next few days.
DAY 2 | Getting to Know the Andros Trails
Today we will have our first trail run of the holiday. The main focus will be to familiarize ourselves with the trails and share some tips about the actual routes of the race. As we do that, we will also get a good taste of the island’s nature and countryside, the villages, traditions, and customs. We will discuss the distance of this run during the briefing, depending on the events you’re participating. You don’t want to overexert yourself 2-3 days before the actual event. So we will then go to the beach for the rest of our morning and have snacks and lunch.
You will also have an active recovery stretching class and physio massage. Later in the day, we will visit Andros town to visit some of the must-visit sites that you can enjoy at your own pace.
DAY 3 | Relaxing Before the Races
A sightseeing visit to the Byzantine monastery and the Upper Castle with a short hike will start our day. These sites are actually part of the 24km Andros Trail Race (ATR). This is the chance for those who participate in 5km or 10km events to see these sites that they would otherwise miss. The 24km participants can take their time and admire the sites without the strain of a timed race. After lunch and a brief rest, we will visit the seaside village of Batsi for a relaxing evening followed by dinner.
DAY 4 | Andros Trail Race Weekend Starts
After a leisurely morning, we will head to Korthi for the first day’s events, race briefing, kids race, 5km race, and the inevitable pasta party. The organizers have a great day in store for us, and there are usually a lot of fun activities. Korthi is a picturesque village, so if you’re not racing, you can wander around the paved streets and along the seafront. Alternatively, you can go for a short hike on the village’s trails. At the end of the day’s activities, we will get back to Andros town, as the next day is crucial.
DAY 5 | The Main Event
We will make an early start, arriving in Korthi well in time to warm up for the beginning of the 10km and the 24km races. These are fantastic events, warmly embraced by the local community. So prepare for a fair amount of cheering as you run through the villages. Again, the organizers have it all set out for a great, fun, and safe day. There are enough refill stations, first aid locations, volunteers, and generally everything we need to feel safe and welcome along the route. After the finish, we will all meet again, recover, join the medal ceremonies, have lunch and head back to Andros town for a well-deserved rest.
DAY 6 | Race Recovery
The day will begin with a stretching class, followed by a physio massage. The sixth day is a recovery day – so we will go to one of the island’s most excellent beaches for a relaxing morning, lunch, and early afternoon. After our return to Andros town, we will have dinner, after of course, you have some time to visit your accommodation and freshen up. It would be a great opportunity to properly catch up on the week’s activities and share some of your experiences.
DAY 8 | Last run – Goodbye Andros
On the last day, we will have a light farewell run along the seaside at Nimborio from the chapel of Virgin Mary of the Sea (Ag. Thalassini), up through some lovely trails, enjoying some different views of the town. We will aim to be back at your residence by 10 am. Before we start the final trail run of the tour, make sure you are well prepared for your departure later in the day so that we can better enjoy our day. Full of memories, photos, and unforgettable experiences, we will depart at noon to get back to the port of Gavrion for your ferry back to Rafina and Athens.
Please note the following regarding the schedule:
1. Depending on the arrival or departure times of the ferry you have chosen, we will make any amendments necessary to make sure you don’t miss any activities.
2. With safety in mind, locations, trails, seaside locations, etc., may change due to weather and trail conditions. If they have to change, they will be replaced by a similar activity.
What’s Included in the Price?
- Transportation to and from the port of Andros (Gavrion) to your accommodation on your arrival and departure days
- All transportations mentioned in the itinerary to and from running/hiking locations or other local visits
- Participation in the Andros Trail Race events of your choice (we’ll ask you by email), along with all the giveaways by the organizers
- Accommodation at a local Studio or boutique hotel in a twin or double bedroom
- Daily Breakfast and 1 recovery snack
- Lunch on all running/hiking and recovery days, except on the departure day
- Dinner on Day 1 and Day 7
- Umbrellas and beach chairs at the beaches where they are available. Drinks and snacks from beach bars are not included unless stated so in the itinerary
- Briefing and guidance at the beginning of the holiday and at any time necessary
- Transportation of backpacks and luggage if starting and finishing locations are different
- Stretching and physio massage sessions on the day described in the itinerary
- Guide through all the activities described in the itinerary, available 24/7
- Information on local flora, wildlife, food, and culture
- Positive vibes and breathtaking views
- A t-shirt to remember your Andros adventure. We will ask you for your size well in advance.
What’s NOT Included in the Price?
- Ferry tickets
- Tickets to museums, art galleries, etc
- Alcoholic beverages
- Dinners that are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Drinks, bottled water, or snacks from beach bars, hotels, etc, unless stated so in the itinerary
- Drinks (other than water) at lunches and dinners included in the itinerary
- Travel or personal insurance