Deposit: 10% deposit payable for booking the slot
Final balance: Due amount, ie., the remaining 90% of the balance should be paid 90 days before the departure date.
The booking window closes 28 days before the departure date.
You will pay a deposit of 10% to secure your spot. Once confirmed, your tour operator will charge the remaining amount.
Average daily running distance: 14 KM
Group size: 8 Max
TABLE OF CONTENTS
See Additional Information for more details on the Payment Procedure and Cancellation Policy.
What Level of Running is this Trip suitable for?
This holiday is open for people aged 16 or above who are reasonably fit and can complete 3 trail running sessions averaging 12-15km and 500m elevation trail running per day.
Are there any Alternatives for Non-runners?
Non-runners will get a discount of 10%, and they will be able to participate in all non-running activities of the holiday, including the hiking parts if they wish!
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free
What to bring?
- Running backpack with ability to carry water (sometimes referred to as “camel”, “pouch”, “hydration vest”, etc). If you cannot bring one, please let us know so that we can try to arrange something. If you are not sure what to bring, get in touch with us. There is natural water along most of the routes for refills. If not, we’ll talk about the arrangements during the briefing.
- Running shoes. Trail running shoes are great but not completely necessary. Your normal running shoes will be fine, so there’s no need to hurt the bank balance
- Snacks (if you think you need more). You can always purchase them locally
- Hydration tablets (electrolytes), energy gels, etc are a good idea
- We will be visiting some local cafes, tavernas, and restaurants, so bring whatever non-running clothes you feel most comfortable in
- Beachwear/towels/gear that you might need on the beach
- Sunscreen cream. Depending on the needs of your skin, make sure you are protected from the hot summer months’ sun
What type of running terrain does the holiday product entail?
Where is the holiday taking place?
Andros, Greece. Pick up and drop-off point is the port of Gavrion in Andros.
DAY 1 | Arrival / Welcome to Andros
We will meet at Gavrion, the port of Andros (you would have sent me the details of your arrival, boat name, time), and we will take you straight to your room. It is a 45-minute drive. If it’s during daylight, you will get a good idea about the island’s landscape as we drive across it. Depending on your arrival time, we might have the time to squeeze a shake-off warm-up run just to come to terms with the trails and the terrain so that you know what to expect. Later in the early evening, there will be a detailed briefing of the whole tour, and you will be able to ask any question you might have. We will then have dinner and look forward to the next couple of days.
DAY 2 | Through the villages and the Byzantine monastery
We start with fresh legs on the longest run of the weekend, through picturesque villages reaching the Byzantine monastery of Panachrantos and back to Andros town. Along the 16km of this route, we will go through various terrains and landscapes, valleys, and villages ascending towards the monastery sitting at an altitude of 500m. The total elevation of this route is 800m. Will can actually enter and visit the monastery built in the 11th century AD and refill water from the natural springs flowing there.
After lunch will get some active recovery with a stretching class and a physio massage to prepare for the two days ahead. In the evening we will visit the seaside village of Batsi, for a free and relaxing evening.
DAY 3 | From Andros town to Korthi through the medieval castle
It is another trail running day. But before we start, we will hand over some necessary things in a backpack (towel, a change of clothes, etc.) to our road crew. Starting again from Andros town, we will head south, reaching the medieval castle of Faneromeni. The views along the route and especially from the castle are breathtaking. From the castle, we will head to the seaside village of Korthi. The route is 13km long with 600m of elevation. Our road crew will meet us with our backpacks so that we can enjoy some time at the beach before we make a short hike to Korthi for lunch. We will drive back to Andros town to relax and enjoy a team dinner later in the evening.
DAY 4 | Farewell – Through the valleys and waterfalls
Before we start the final trail run of the tour, make sure you are well prepared for your departure later in the day so that we can better enjoy our day. We will start our day by the seaside, located next to our accommodation. Next, we will head to the trails on the stone paths and bridges, past natural mineral water springs and waterfalls. We will continue through the lush valleys and cross two mountain ridges on the way, heading towards our starting point. This part of the trail is 13km long with about 500m of elevation.
After enjoying a well-deserved snack, we have to prepare for your departure. Full of memories, photos, and unforgettable experiences, we will depart in time to get back to the port of Gavrion for your ferry back to Rafina and Athens (the exact time will depend on your ferry arrangements). We are very flexible and can arrange everything around the times of your travels.
Please note the following regarding the schedule:
1. Depending on the arrival or departure times of the ferry you have chosen, we will make any amendments necessary to make sure you don’t miss any activities.
2. With safety in mind, locations, trails, seaside locations, etc., may change due to weather and trail conditions. If they have to change, they will be replaced by a similar activity.
What’s Included in the Price?
- Transportation to and from the port of Andros (Gavrion) to your accommodation on your arrival and departure days
- All transportations mentioned in the itinerary to and from running/hiking locations or other local visits
- Accommodation at a local Studio or boutique hotel in a twin or double bedroom
- Daily Breakfast and 1 recovery snack
- Lunch on all running/hiking and recovery days, except on the departure day
- Dinner on Day 1 and Day 3
- Umbrellas and beach chairs at the beaches where they are available. Drinks and snacks from beach bars are not included unless stated so in the itinerary
- Briefing and guidance at the beginning of the holiday and at any time necessary
- Transportation of backpacks and luggage if starting and finishing locations are different
- Stretching and physio massage sessions on the day described in the itinerary
- Guide through all the activities described in the itinerary, available 24/7
- Information on local flora, wildlife, food, and culture
- Positive vibes and breathtaking views
- A t-shirt to remember your Andros adventure. We will ask you for your size well in advance.
What’s NOT Included in the Price?
- Ferry tickets
- Tickets to museums, art galleries, etc
- Alcoholic beverages
- Dinners that are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Drinks, bottled water, or snacks from beach bars, hotels, etc, unless stated so in the itinerary
- Drinks (other than water) at lunches and dinners included in the itinerary
- Travel or personal insurance