Average daily running distance: Ranging from 5 to 16km with ascents from 500 to
TABLE OF CONTENTS
See Additional Information for more details on the Payment Procedure and Cancellation Policy.
What Level of Running is this Trip suitable for?
This running holiday is open to ages 16 and above of any pace or level of runner who can complete a trail run averaging around 12km per day for 2 or 3 consecutive days. For younger participants, please get in touch with us. Almost all running is on trails, stone footpaths, or natural mountain paths. The terrain varies a lot. It can be a paved footpath or quite rugged stone trail. All routes include stepped uphill and downhill parts.
Are there any Alternatives for Non-runners?
Non-runners will be given ample advice and suggestions about what to do during the time the group will be running, and are welcome to join the hiking activities (if any during the time of the holiday). Depending on the dates of your holiday, there will be a choice to visit archaeological, art and other museums, art galleries, etc.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free
What to bring?
- A hydration vest is a good idea. Otherwise, any backpack suitable for running
or hiking with the ability to carry water will do. If you cannot bring one,
please let us know so that we can try to arrange something. If you are not
sure what to bring, get in touch with us. There is natural water along most of
the routes for refills.
- Running shoes. Trail running shoes are great but not completely necessary.
Your normal running shoes will be fine, so there’s no need to hurt the bank
- Snacks (if you think you need more). You can always purchase them locally
- Hydration tablets (electrolytes), energy gels, etc are a good idea
- Non-running clothes you feel most comfortable in, for your visits to galleries,
cultural sites, cafes, etc.
- Beachwear/towels/gear that you might need if you plan to go to the beach
- Sunscreen cream. Depending on the needs of your skin, make sure you are
protected from the sun during the hot summer months
What type of running terrain does the holiday product entail?
Where is the holiday taking place?
Andros, Greece. Pick up and drop-off point is the port of Gavrion in Andros.
The weekly activity schedule on a typical Running Holiday in Andros looks
something like that:
● Monday: Andros introduction tour (5km, + 200m elevation)
● Tuesday: Byzantine Monastery tour (16km, + 750m elevation)
● Wednesday: Rest Day / Day at the beach / Cultural sites
● Thursday: Venetian Castles tour (12km, + 700m elevation)
● Friday: Tracking the source of water tour (10km, + 350m elevation)
● Saturday: Rest Day / Day at the beach / Cultural sites
● Sunday: Valleys, Hills and Waterfalls tour (11km, + 600m elevation)
Depending on your arrival and departure days you are welcome to join our activities
as soon as you want!
Our ultimate goal at Go! Running Tours Andros is to make sure you have a great and
care-free time, so we are more than happy to make the itinerary as flexible as
possible, accommodating your schedule and expectations. Just tell us your special
request. Here are some important notes:
● To get to Andros, you can catch a bus or taxi from the Athens International
Airport to the port of Rafina (about a 30-minute car or bus ride). Alternatively,
you can order the Airport transfer service during the checkout process. There
will be a car waiting to take you directly to the ferry. We can also arrange
your ferry tickets, and you can pick them up on the way. The ferry takes 2
hours to get to Andros, where we’ll be waiting for you.
● On the day of your arrival day, we will have a briefing about your holiday. We
will discuss what you can expect in the routes and certain safety issues.
Finally, we’ll go through the island’s main sites, so that you never run out of
things to do during your rest days.
● Each tour will be running or hiking, depending on the participants, making
sure that there is no fatigue overload and each morning our energy reserves
are fresh for the day’s activities
What’s Included in the Price?
- Ferry tickets
- Transportation to and from the port of Andros (Gavrion) to your
accommodation on your arrival and departure days
- All transportations to and from running/hiking locations or other local visits
on the weekly schedule
- Accommodation at a local Studio or hotel in a twin or double bedroom,
depending on availability and season of booking
- Fueling and Recovery snacks on running or hiking days
- Welcome briefing on your arrival day
- Route briefing at the beginning of the holiday and at any time necessary
- Guide through all the activities described, available 24/7
- Lots of knowledge on local flora, wildlife, food and culture
- The most breathtaking views
- Positive vibes
- Finally, a technical T-shirt to remember your Andros adventure
Better Prices for Groups
- For 2 people booking, the 2nd person gets 10% off
- For groups of 3 or 4 people, everybody gets 10% off
- For groups of 5 people or more, everybody gets 15% off
What’s NOT Included in the Price?
- Airport transfer to and from the ferry. We can arrange your transfer from the
airport to the ferry and back to the airport. Once you book your holiday we will
communicate and make all necessary arrangements. The cost of each transfer is
around €45.00 and is payable to the driver upon arrival at the destination
- Tickets to cultural sites, museums, art galleries, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Lunch and Dinner
- Drinks, bottled water or snacks from bars, hotels, etc
- Travel or personal insurance
- Anything that is not specified in the “What’s included” section
- Airport transfer from Athens Int. Airport to the ferry (Rafina port): €45.00 (payable
to the driver)
- Airport transfer from the ferry (Rafina port) to Athens Int. Airport: €45.00 (payable
to the driver)