Dates: September 2022 to June 2023
Duration: 4 nights/ 5 days (can be customized)
Prices: EUROS 490
Discount: 10% discount for other people in a group.
Terrain: Road and Bike trails, and Pure Trail Running
Average daily running distance: 10 KM
Longest running distance in a day: 15 KM
Group size: Maximum 8
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What level of running is this trip suitable for?
Everyone with some experience in running and trail running is welcome to this running holiday.
Are there any alternatives for non-runners?
The first 2 nights in Nicosia will be spent in an Airbnb in a traditional house in the Old Town of Nicosia. Owned by the local runner, artist and airbnb super-host who will be guiding the runs. The price is per person in two shared bedrooms. Room A has a double bed ideal for a couple, and room B has a single bed on a loft and an additional mattress on the ground for the 2nd person. Each has its en-suite bathroom fully equipped with towels, soap and shampoo. If there are more people then accommodation will be arranged at a near by hotel and price choices will be forwarded before booking.
Where is the holiday taking place?
2 nights in Nicosia, Cyprus and 2 nights on Troodos mountain in Cyprus. If a sea-side stay and beach running is preferred then arrangements can be made to either add to the holiday with recommended hotels or substitute the 2 nights at Troodos to a sea-side stay. Prices might differ.
What to bring?
- Trail and road running shoes
- Hydration vest
- Light jacket or rain jacket (depending on time of year)
- Hat, buff, sun lotion, sun glasses
- Any snacks you prefer to take on a longer run.
Day 1: Depending on time of arrival and after check-in at the Airbnb, we will go on a shake-out ” Get to know the Historic Center” run of about 8km. This will be mainly in the Medieval Walled city of Nicosia where layers of history are present on every street. There are museums and art workshops, quaint cafes and shops. We might pop briefly into an artist’s studio or a local baker. You will then have the rest of the day/evening to go out and explore, have dinner etc.
Day 2: We start the day with a longer run of about 12-14km which will take us just outside the medieval city along the river bed, through some quiet neighborhoods and complete the tour by running by the new modern and more commercial part of Nicosia. We return to the Airbnb for a shower while the home-made breakfast is being served in the garden of the traditional house. Rest, lounge in the garden, read a book… There are several museums very near that can be visited during the day. Also, a walk to the northern part of Nicosia can be arranged for dinner etc.
Day 3: Time to head to the mountains! We will start the day -after a hearty breakfast of course – with the drive to Troodos and a brief stop at the Botanical Garden and Visitors Center to check out the amazing facts of geology and flora of Troodos mountains. We then drive up to the Hotel to check-in and have lunch. Depending on time of the year, we will go on a 2-3 hour hike on a circular trail with stunning 360 views of almost the whole island. Rest of the evening is free to enjoy/lounge around the hotel or maybe watch a movie.
Day 4: Start with an early breakfast to fuel our 15km beautiful trail run which includes forest trails, jeep track, a climb to Caledonia Waterfalls and stunning technical single trails.. Plenty of opportunities for photos and fresh water from the river… We take it easy, enjoy nature at its best and take breaks as needed. Return to the hotel for a stretching session, shower and enjoy lunch /or early dinner that will be served at the hotel.
Day 5: Return to Nicosia or to airport. Travel day. Assistance with logistics will be available.
What’s Included in the Price?
- Accommodation for 4 nights.
- Lunch for day 3 and 4 on the mountains.
- Transport from Nicosia to Troodos.
- 2 guided city running tours in Nicosia.
- A guided trail run.
- A guided hike on trails (or another trail run if preferred)
- Snacks, energy gels, electrolytes.
- Small jar of locally produced peanut butter,
- Souvenir T-shirt with logo of holiday.
What’s NOT Included in the Price?
- Plane tickets and airport taxes etc
- Transport from and to airport
- Lunch and dinner for first two days in Nicosia not included but plenty of options and recommendations will
- Alcoholic beverages or soft drinks not included
- Any other extras not mentioned in the “What is included” section
What is the fee per participant?
- 490euros per person.
- 2nd person of group gets 10% off if booked together.
- More people in a group, all get 10% off
- If the group is larger than 4 people, then accommodation for the first 2 nights in Nicosia will be arranged at near-by hotels or Airbnb and there might be an adjustment in price.
- Transfer from and to the airport (either Paphos or Larnaca International airports) can be arranged if requested ahead. A private taxi will be around 40euros. Other options include an airport shuttle service and information can be sent if needed.