Dates: December 1 – 7, 2019 (8th is optional)
Duration: 7/8 days, 6/7 nights
Prices range from:
This trip offers two different hotel options, as well as a 7 day/6 nights OR 8 day/7 nights trip option (optional guided volcano climb on last day).
7 days / 6 nights Hotel Geronimo
- €2070 Hotel Geronimo Sharing a double room
- €2470.5 Hotel Geronimo single room
8 days / 7 nights Hotel Geronimo + guided volcano hike
- €2364.5 Hotel Geronimo Sharing a double room
- €2825.5 Hotel Geronimo single room
7 days / 6 nights option with Hotel Antumalal
- €2920 Hotel Antumalal Sharing a double room ( same sex)
- €3935 Hotel Antumalal single room
8 days / 7 nights option with Hotel Antumalal + guided volcano hike
- €3341 Hotel Antumalal Sharing a double room (same sex)
- €4447 Hotel Antumalal single room
You will first pay a non-refundable deposit to Go! Running Tours. The remaining amount will be paid when your tour operator contacts you.
Starting point: Pucon, Chile
Terrain: Trail run
Average daily running distance: 11-13 km (7-8 miles)
Longest distance in a day: 21 km (13 miles)
Group size: up to 8 participants
TABLE OF CONTENT
See Additional Information for more details on Payment Procedure and Cancellation Policy.
There are two great hotel options for you to choose from while enjoying your stay in Chile:
- Option 1: Hotel Geronimo has beautiful rooms and is located right in the center of town with lots of great restaurants and shops within walking distance. Check out their website for more details.
- Option 2: Hotel Antumalal is an amazing hotel with rooms extending over a cliff, each with panoramic windows looking out onto Lake Villarrica. It has private gardens, a spa, swimming pool, and a sauna. Check out their website for more details.
What Level of Running is this Trip Suitable For?
Are There any Alternatives for Non-runners?
What to Bring Along?
We recommend that you bring a hydration vest with a 2L bladder or 2L bottles. You will need trail running shoes for the terrain. The weather between December and March is usually nice and sunny (it’s their summer time) but we could still get some rainy days so pack a light rain jacket just in case. If you have a favorite sports or electrolyte drink/powder then you may wish to bring this with you. We will have plenty of water and snacks. Bring your camera – the views are spectacular!
The airport you need to fly to is called “Temuco Airport”. It will take about 1 hour to get to Pucon from there.
DAY 1 | Arrival
You will be met off your flight at Temuco Airport and driven to your hotel in Pucon, the small town between Lake Villarrica and the snow-capped Villarrica Volcano and the base for your adventure. This is a beautiful drive and a great introduction to Chile. When you have had time to shower and settle in we will give you a tour of the town to help you get orientated.
DAY 2 | Lava Rock Run, Volcano, and Lake
After breakfast, coffee and a short introduction we will begin our first 11k/7 miles trail run. After a short drive to the base of volcano Villarica, you will run on black lava rock through a beautiful forest with breathtaking views of the snow-covered volcano and Lake “Largo Villarica”. After the run and a snack, you have the option to visit a traditional Chilean native Mapuche Family, learn about their culture and taste some of their food.
DAY 3 | Mountains, Rivers, and Waterfalls
Today’s run will be an astonishing 15-16k/10-mile mountain run. You will cross clear mountain rivers, see waterfalls and run by beautiful mountain lakes. Snacks will be waiting for us after the run then we will stop at the natural pool ”Ojos Del Caburua” which is formed by 3 waterfalls.
DAY 4 | Gentle Run and Hot Springs
For the fourth day, we will go for an easy 12k/ 7.5mile run to natural hot springs where we will have plenty of time to swim and relax. This run will be a mix between beautiful single track and fire roads along the base of the volcano. If you need a rest-day our van can take you straight to the hot springs so you can enjoy this wonderful environment and relax with us there.
DAY 5 | The Trip’s Longest Trail Run with a Dip in a Mountain Lake at the End
This will be our longest run at 21k/13miles. Today’s run will be a point-to-point trail run. You will run past some huge Araucaria trees, over black lava rock with amazing views of Volcano Lanin and past beautiful mountain lakes. After the run, cool off with a dip in a cold mountain lake and enjoy some local beer and snacks before we make our drive back to the hotel.
DAY 6 | River Boat Float and BBQ
This is going to be a gentle out-and-back trail run through the forest and the distance can be adjusted depending on your fatigue level. After the run, we are going for a relaxing 1.5-2 hr riverboat float where a BBQ will be waiting for us at the end.
DAY 7 | Departure OR Spend a Day Climbing an Active Volcano
Ever climbed an active volcano and looked down inside? This last day is optional but you don’t want to miss this! It really is spectacular! Our local adventure partner will lead a climb to the top of volcano Villarrica. It is a 4-hour easy climb to the top of the volcano and a very fun snow slide back down. No special skills are required and all equipment needed will be provided along with an experienced mountain guide.
If you decided to depart today we will provide transportation from the hotel to Temuco Airport.
DAY 8 | Departure
Transport from the hotel to Temuco Airport.
What’s Included in the Price?
- Pick up and drop off at Temuco airport on arrival and departure day
- Breakfast at the hotel every day
- Lots of snacks and water during and after the run
- All national park entry fees
- Hot spring entry fees
- Team BBQ dinner on day 7
- Running guides
- Visit to a native Mapuche family
- Equipment and guides for the climb to the volcano on day 8 if selected when booking
What’s NOT Included in the Price?
- Your flights (we can provide guidance on getting cost-effective flights)
- Dinner – there are lots of great restaurants in town and this will allow everyone the flexibility to choose based on their own tastes. We can provide you with recommendations.
- Travel insurance (highly recommended and we will provide a link for your consideration)