STRENGTH TRAINING FOR RUNNERS WITH AN OLYMPIAN
Go! Running Tours has teamed up with 4x Olympian Marathoner and Hall of Fame runner Colleen de Reuck to offer strength training for runners for our global running community.
Why ? Because strength training is an important element in staying injury-free and even improve speed as a runner. But not any strength training:
- This one is taught LIVE by a 4x Olympian who more than anyone knows the importance and value of strength and flexibility training.
- This one is tailored expertly to runners needs; AND
- when/how else can you connect with fellow runners from all across the world when doing the plank?!
Free Classes of Strength Training for Runners
We are offering free classes for a two week period (6 classes in total), and the times are the following:
- November 16, 2020 08:30AM (MST)
- November 16, 2020 04:30PM (MST)
- November 19, 2020 05:00PM (MST)
- November 23, 2020 08:30AM (MST)
- November 23, 2020 04:30PM (MST)
- November 27, 2020 05:00PM (MST)
We have limited spots available, so be quick.
What can I expect from the class?
- A full-body workout that involves a blend of strength training, yoga, Pilates and physical therapy-inspired moves.
- Improvement of general strength, core strength, balance/stability, mobility and range of motion.
How much does it cost?
- You can join the below classes for free and if you like to continue, you pay a $30 a monthly subscription. BUT – we offer an EARLY BIRD subscription of $15/month to the first 50 subscribers. Simply use the code “GETTHEWORM” Now here’s a true test of speed! 😉
- We offer a 14 day no-question-asked money back guarantee.
When: Choose from 3 initial time slots, offered weekly…
- Mondays @ 8:30-9:30am MT or 4:30-5:30pm MST and
- Thursdays @ 5-6pm MST
- More options to come based on demand.
Where: Zoom (secure link provided 15 mins before the class begins), with runners joining in from all around the world!
Who is this right for?
- All fitness levels + abilities: you don’t have to be an Olympian to train with one!
- Runners who want to gain strength, mobility + balance
- Runners who want to prevent preventable injuries, so they can continue to do what they love (run!) and take their performance to the next level
- Runners who know they should do strength training (AND mobility work AND core AND yoga… who has time for all of that?!) and want the biggest bang for their buck delivered as efficiently as possible – i.e. ALL of that expertly packed into a 1hr class!
- Ages 14 and up
What will I need?
- A stable internet connection
- A flat surface and space where your can move around (either indoors or outdoors)
- A yoga or fitness mat depending on your surface
- Free weights (a lighter set and heavier set is helpful but not required)
- A resistance band (helpful but not required)
- A stability ball OR a hand towel (if on hardwood) OR paper plates (if on carpet)